With the increase in awareness of celiac disease, many companies have become aware of the necessity to state whether or not their product is gluten-free. Some companies have even made gluten-free options to meet the needs of their customers. As summer is quickly approaching, it is nice to think of the gluten-free options that there are for barbecue sauce. Here is a list of various barbecue sauces that will make for the perfect cookout this summer.
- Bone-Suckin’ Sauce – This company produces various tomato-based, gluten-free barbecue sauces, varying from hot to mild. They also have a teriyaki sauce that uses a soy-base. Also, all of their products do not contain high-fructose corn syrup or MSG making them healthier than some other barbecue sauce options.
- Kraft Foods/Bull’s Eye BBQ Sauce – Kraft foods offers gluten-free options for barbecue sauce, but it is important to note that their regular sauce is not guaranteed to be gluten-free. For this reason, you must make sure to buy the specific gluten-free products.
- Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce – Surprisingly Jack Daniels BBQ sauce isn’t made with whiskey and is actually produced through Heinz. With this said, there are only four Jack Daniels BBQ sauce varieties that are listed as being gluten-free; Original #7, Hickory Brown Sugar, and Spicy and Masterblend BBQ.
- KC Masterpiece – According to a statement on their website, all seven flavors of barbecue sauce they produce are gluten-free but, they warn that the consumer should always read their label before using their barbecue sauce in case there is a change to there recipe.
- Lip Lickin’ BBQ sauce – This company claims that their two sauce varieties, Bold & Spicy and Sweet & Smoky, are gluten-free. Though when questioned on how they achieve the smoke taste in their barbecue, they did not respond.
- Organicville – Organicville is a safe bet since it carries a certification from the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO), stating that their products are 10 parts per million. Their two sauce varieties are Original Organic BBQ and Tangy Organic BBQ.
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Gourmet Sauces – The lowest gluten count in any barbecue sauce is Sweet Baby Ray’s, with less than 2.5 parts per million. Their sauce varieties are also numerous. (Original, Honey, Hickory & Brown Sugar, Sweet n’ Spicy, Honey Chipotle, and Sweet Vidalia Onion)
As you can see there are many companies that produce barbecue sauce who make products free of gluten in a wide variety of flavors. Another alternative if you do not trust the labels is to make your own barbecue sauce at home. There are many recipes online that can help you make your own sauce at home if you prefer this.